The Dream of White Innocence
Due to the low attendance last week, we will be reprising that service this week. This Sunday we will be pondering what went wrong in the Civil Rights movement. Why are black people subject to the same terror now that they were 50 years ago? Tara be reading the Rev. William G. Sinkford’s brilliant sermon, “The Dream of White Innocence.”
UU in the News
- General Assembly 2017 Coming Soon! June 21-25, New Orleans, LA February 22, 2017
- Changing Ideas About Disability February 9, 2017
- The Activist Divide Over The Women’s March On Washington – podcast January 27, 2017
- The Holy Work of Showing Up January 4, 2017
- Celebrate Your Holidays With Us December 14, 2016
- UUA President’s Holiday Message December 6, 2016
This I Believe
Emily James: The Revolution of Tenderness
Opening Reading from Pope Francis, in his ecumenical address, "The Joy of the Gospel."
“The Christian ideal will always be a summons to overcome suspicion, habitual mistrust, fear of losing our privacy, all the defensive attitudes which today’s world imposes on us. Many try to escape from others and take refuge in the comfort of their privacy or in a small circle of close friends, renouncing the realism of the Read the full testimonial.
Who should not be a Unitarian Universalist?
For a UU, a "tradition" is something that was done last year, and a "firmly established tradition" is something that has been done for the past two years. If it has been done for the last three years, it is "the way we've always done it." Read the full testimonial.